- •Contact us
- •About us
- •Advertise with the FT
- •Terms & conditions
© The Financial Times Ltd 2013 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.
AIR CHINA LIMITED
(a joint stock limited company incorporated in the People's Republic of China with limited liability)
(Stock Code: 00753)
FORM OF PROXY FOR EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
Number of shares to which this form of proxy relates (Note 1)
I/We (Note 2)
of being the registered holder(s) of (Note 3) H Shares in the share capital of the Company HEREBY APPOINT (Note 4) the chairman of the meeting and/or (Note 4)
of as my/our proxy/proxies: (a) to act for me/us at the extraordinary general meeting (or at any adjournment thereof) of the Company to be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, 20 December 2012 at the Conference Room, 29/F, Air China Building, 36 Xiaoyun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, PRC (the "Meeting") for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, passing the resolutions (the "Resolutions") as set out in the notice convening the Meeting (the "Notice"); and (b) at the Meeting (or at any adjournment thereof) to vote for me/us and in my/our name(s) in respect of the Resolutions as hereunder indicated or, if no such indication is given, as my/our voting proxy thinks fit. Unless otherwise indicated, capitalised terms used herein shall have the same meaning as those defined in the Notice.
ORDINARY RESOLUTION FOR (Note 6) AGAINST (Note 6)
1. To consider and approve the proposed adoption of the shareholders' return plan for the three years from 2012 to 2014 as set out in Appendix II of the circular despatched by the Company on 5 November 2012
SPECIAL RESOLUTION FOR (Note 6) AGAINST (Note 6)
2. To consider and approve the proposed amendments to the articles of association of the Company as set out in Appendix I of the circular despatched by the Company on 5 November 2012 and the chairman and/or any person authorised by the chairman be authorised to adjust, at his or her discretion, the said amendments in accordance with the opinion of the relevant PRC authorities (the proposed amendment to the Articles of Association will be submitted to the relevant PRC authorities for approval and filing after being approved at the EGM)
Dated this day of , 2012 Signature (Note 7)
1. Please insert the number of shares registered in your name(s) to which this proxy form relates. If no number is inserted, this form of proxy will be deemed to relate to all shares registered in your name(s).
2. Full name(s) and address(es) to be inserted in BLOCK CAPITALS.
3. Please insert the total number of shares registered in your name(s).
4. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint one or more proxies of his own choice to attend and vote instead of him.
A proxy need not be a member of the Company. If any proxy other than the chairman of the Meeting is preferred, please strike out the words "the chairman of the meeting and/or" and insert the name(s) and address(es) of the proxy/proxies desired in the space provided. In the event that two or more persons (other than the chairman of the Meeting) are named as proxies and the words "the chairman of the meeting...and/or" are not deleted, those words and references shall be deemed to have been deleted.
5. IMPORTANT: IF YOU WISH TO VOTE FOR THE RESOLUTION, TICK IN THE BOX MARKED "FOR". IF YOU WISH TO VOTE AGAINST THE RESOLUTION, TICK IN THE BOX MARKED "AGAINST". Failure to complete the boxes will entitle your voting proxy to cast his vote at his discretion. A member is entitled to one vote for every fully-paid share held and a member entitled to more than one vote need not use all his votes in the same way. A tick in the relevant box indicates that the votes attached to all the shares stated above as held by you will be cast accordingly. The total number of shares referred to in the two boxes for the same resolution cannot exceed the number of Shares stated above as held by you.
6. This form of proxy must be signed by you or your attorney duly authorised in writing, or in the case of a corporation, must be either under seal or under the hand of a director or attorney duly authorised. If this form of proxy is signed by your attorney, the power of attorney or other document of authorisation must be notarised.
7. In order to be valid, this form of proxy, together with the notarised copy of the power of attorney or other document of authorisation (if any) under which it is signed, for holders of H Shares, must be delivered to the Company's H Share registrar, Computershare Hong Kong Investor Services Limited, 17M Floor, Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, not less than 24 hours prior to the time appointed for holding the Meeting (or any adjournment thereof).
8. Completion and delivery of a form of proxy will not preclude you from attending and/or voting at the Meeting (or any adjournment thereof) if you so wish.
9. ANY ALTERATION MADE TO THIS FORM OF PROXY MUST BE INITIALLED BY THE PERSON(S) WHO SIGN(S) IT.
10. To attend and represent the shareholder(s) at the Meeting, the proxy so appointed must produce beforehand his identification document and any power of attorney duly signed by his appointor(s) or the legal representative(s) of his appointor(s). The power of attorney must state the date of issuance.